THANK YOU FOR CELEBRATING WITH US!
60th Anniversary Weekend
May 6th & 7th, 2023
74 S Spring Road, Westerville, OH
Spring Road was started by the Cleveland Avenue Church of Christ in January 1963 and the first service consisted of about 30 members. Cleveland Avenue bought the land, built the building, and provided Spring Road with their pulpit minister, David Myers Sr., who was full time minister until 1981. Cleveland Avenue supported Spring Road financially for the next 3 years at which time Spring Road had grown enough to become self supportive. Within 10 years, more classroom space was needed so the education wing was extended, and in 1985 construction began on the Main Auditorium, which was completed the following year in 1986.
The founding members were from Cleveland Avenue, Indian Springs and Seventh Avenue (F&K). They were: David & Linda Myers, and 3 children; Dalka & Helen Gibson and 4 children; Brady & Clara King and 2 children; Ed & Pauline Buxton and 3 children; Jim & Dotty Wilson and two children; Yvonne Campbell; Roy & Delores Roberts. The first Elders were: David Myers Sr., Beryl Johnson, & Lee Sprout.
Bob Bradner, who also later served as an Elder, started the Tuesday School program and was the scout master of Scout Troop 963, the first scout troop sponsored by Spring Road. We have continued to sponsor scout troops for more than 50 years now.
Spring Road strives to continue to be active in community ministries, which currently include:
- Tuesday School
- Hosting Ladies’ Recovery Group meetings
- Hosting LifeWise (children come from local schools to learn the Bible)
- Hosting Co-Op Schools (Home School families)
- Home Bible studies
- Mens’ Shelter Meal
- Meal Ministry
- Jordans Crossing
- Breakfast with Santa
- Easter Egg hunt
- PBJ & Jesus
- Ladies’ Day
- Community food pantry
- Willow Brook Christian Home — Sunday services and Christmas parties
- More than 8,300 Sunday and mid-week services have been conducted
- Over 34,000 Bible classes have been taught
- More that 20,000 meal servings have been prepared and provided to members and the community during time of need
- Over 400 shelter meals have been prepared and over 60,000 servings served to homeless men
- Thousands of families have worshipped, served, and raised their children here
- Over 500,000 communion emblems have been partaken by members in remembrance and proclamation of Jesus Christ’s crucifixion and resurrection
Over The Years…
Events and Times
We will be celebrating our history of worship and service to the Lord with a picnic fellowship on Saturday, May 6th and a song service on Sunday, May 7th. More information about each can be found below. Contact our office if you have any questions, or want to let us know you’ll be joining us!
Picnic Fellowship | Saturday, May 6th, starting at 12:00 PM EST
Join us out on our lawn as we share a picnic meal, enjoy one another’s fellowship, and share memories of our congregation’s past. Starting at noon, lunch will be served, followed by outdoor games and activities, for adults and kids. Food and drinks will be provided.
Song Service | Sunday, May 7th, starting at 10:00 AM EST
There will be no classes on Sunday morning May 7th!
In place of our regular worship times, we are inviting all to join us at 10:00 (instead of 10:30) for an extended song service. We hope to include multiple song leaders and men to guide or worship from Spring Road’s past. We also hope that this is a meaningful time not just to celebrate our history, but to honor and give glory to God for what He has done in our lives and in our community.
Service will run 10am-11:30am with a potluck to follow! Stay after and join us for lunch in the fellowship hall.